Saturday, March 23, 2013

Recycled T-Shirt Bracelet

So, my husband and I sold our condo, thus I am beginning to pack! I decided to go through and donate a bunch of clothes that I don't need and realized that I have a ton of t-shirts that either don't fit or are totally worn out. I checked on Pinterest to see if there were any cool projects that I can do with an old t-shirt, and found this...

and created my own which look like this...


Here's how you can do it, too!

First, you are going to need a t-shirt or piece of fabric, scissors, jewelry pliers, jewelry clamps and chains, and a charm if you want. 















Next, you need to cut the three strips from your t-shirt. Mine were about the length of the bottom of the shirt to the collar. Tape those three pieces down, braid it all the way to the bottom, and then tape the bottom of the braid to the table as well.












Then, take one of your clamps and wrap it around the top of your braid. Slide the chain loop through both of the holes of the clamp, and use your tool to press down hard on the clamp, making sure it's tight. If you want to add a charm, do it at this time. Use the tool to close the chain loop.











Now, at the bottom of your braid, fasten another clamp with a chain loop. This time, add the clasp instead of the charm. Again, use the tool to secure the clamp and tighten the chain loop. Use the scissors to cut off any excess fabric.












And there you have it! Super easy and looks great. 


This would also look really interesting with three different colored t-shirts, 
or pattern t-shirts, or with leather instead of t-shirts like I did below. 


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment